Thursday, November 15, 2018

Week 13: Part 2


I reviewed ads in industries that are like mine and what draws my attention are their description and how well they can summarize how they can help with in a small ad box. It’s hard to do in my field since what we do can be extensive and its not simply put. I really liked this company that put their bottom line price in their name. 98dollar social media… “how simple” I thought. Guess work is done, and it was catchy, and it was the only business name I could remember out of all the companies I was looking at to white label for my business. Their call to action was a basic “sign up now” but since their ad displayed all the information that I needed, their call to action didn’t need to be anything but simple. They use imagery in their social media, but I am noticing that most companies are using imagery as Pinterest and Instagram make this a requirement to post. The ads that I find to be the least helpful and annoying are the ads where I can’t figure out what they specialize in and I have to click the link to find out more. I won’t click the link as I am annoyed already. Give me your elevator pitch in a simple ad.  I can see this being my business issue as well, so I am glad I was tasked with this so I can see how my business may appear to others. I reviewed other companies that are similar to my business but their social media wasn’t on point besides the one I mentioned above.
Traditional advertising is good when done in the correct manner within a particular audience. For instance, if I am a real estate agent and I want to sell homes in a specific community, let’s say a retirement community, then traditional marketing would be perfect. I could have someone deliver flyers to their doors and I can host neighborhood events and really get to know and build trust in my targeted community. This would have an amazing impact. However, if you consider the field that I am in, which is helping small or start up business owners, then traditional marketing most likely will fully not work the way social media could. With social media I can enter my key words into the ad I am running, a few examples would be “business owners, CEO, marketing executive and small business owners”.

No comments:

Post a Comment