Thursday, October 11, 2018

Week 8: Get Visual - Let a Picture Tell a Story


The most widely used social media platforms are Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Pinterest, Snapchat, Twitter and LinkedIn.

My first preference for business platforms is LinkedIn. I like LinkedIn because when I am at Networking event I can locate them if we don’t have business cards and we can connect right away. There is a feature in LinkedIn where you can turn on your location (within the app) and the person who does it as well will pop up in your likedIn and it will ask you if you want to connect with them. This is a Networking party trick and everyone loves it! I created a LinkedIn for this assignment but I couldn't figure out how to link it to my facebook page so I also created an Instagram account. 

My second preference is YouTube. It would’ve been my first choice, but I am not ready to make videos yet. YouTube will be a necessary tool in my business since the world is shifting towards video content. Attention spans are getting shorter and people are more visual than ever.  I can make helpful learning tutorials that help my clients gain knowledge and become success themselves, all while bringing in new clients from my helpful resources. 

Instagram is my third choice. Instagram is for sharing photos and very different than Facebook articles and posts. The hashtags helo me to connect with similar business and people who may need my service. Instagram will be helpful for my business for search engine purposes and since Instagram is has 1 billion users I really can’t say no.

Facebook is my fourth preference. Facebook is used for sharing articles, posts and photos. I believe that Facebook will be a helpful business tool with my business because I will be able to join groups and network with people who can give me referrals. I can also post helpful business tips that my niche should know.

Twitter is my fifth preference. I haven’t dived into it much but the hashtags can help me when I am looking for people within my groups and business niche.

I don’t think I would benefit as much from doing SnapChat. I don’t have enough video content to share currently or business photos. However, I have noticed that a lot of people use it for personal more than business, but social media is social media, and it’s all relative and important.
I am not a big fan of Pinterest in personal or business but again, the future is video and photos and Pinterest has the visual aspect of where the future is headed.  


No comments:

Post a Comment