Monday, August 27, 2018

Week 2: Overview of Social Media

·       Which social media platforms seem geared towards personal use? Why do you think so? 

The social media platforms that I believe are geared more towards personal use are Facebook and Instagram. I believe this because Facebook started off as a place for school peers to connect, then eventually it branched out to the older generation who wanted to join so they can keep in contact with family. Now you are on it, your mom is on it, your grandpa is on it and even your great aunt Kathy was sucked in. Instagram is another platform that I believe was originally geared towards personal use. It was meant mainly for personal photos and video sharing with tags. Many people still use Instagram for personal use and enjoy it as such.

·       Which ones seem to work better for business? What makes them seem more suitable to business use. 

I believe Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are both wonderful platforms for business. The reason being is that a lot of people; as I mentioned previously, use Facebook and Instagram for personal use, so you have the ability to capture those everyday people that spend hours scrolling through these 3 main platforms. I understand there is LinkedIn in all its business glory. LinkedIn is very professional and business oriented; however, I don’t find them to be as effective since you spend a lot of time on those platforms just selling yourself that you have no time to listen to another sales pitch and do carefree searching. On the other hand, LinkedIn has replaced my business card holder with new their new feature that allows you to connect with the person you are standing next to, which really helps at Networking events!

·       Do any seem to work well for both? How are they used differently?

I know I am sounding like a broken record; but I again, I believe that Facebook, Instagram And Twitter can be used for business and personal.

Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are great for personal. You can post a thought on Facebook, a photo on Instagram and Hashtag whatever celebrity you want. In the same token you can click on a business link that says “learn SEO in 5 min”, tap on a link to the newest hair bands and #youbusinessher, thus proving that in one sitting, they can be used for personal and business.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea!
    I agree that facebook was intended for personal use then developed as a key component for business use. Out of all the social media platforms, you mentioned I agree that Facebook is the most suitable for business use because of its ability to have all the information of the business at the tip of your finger tips.
    -Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the changes that you made to the design of your blog! There was nothing wrong with it in week one but this really does seem more engaging and intriguing, nice work.
    You bring up some great points. I agree with you and Nancy that having a means of having key business information quickly accessible to viewers is quite valuable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout first off! The essence that we are all sucked into this vortex is the reality of the current world we live in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrea! Like others, I agree that Facebook is probably the biggest personal use social media site there is. Instagram is close behind. I'm curious to learn more about LinkedIn's features, specifically more about the feature you mentioned that allows you to connect instantaneously with someone next to you.

    ReplyDelete