Monday, August 20, 2018

Week 1 Blog - Class Preparation

I decided to go with a basic template because there were too many templates to choose from at 10:00 pm and I know I wouldn't be able to decide if TOO much thought was put into it. So I went with my instinct and went with a simple template.

I dislike social media that is busy and over saturated because I feel it can take away from the message I am trying to get across. When things are simple you can easily focus on what you are reading and not get side tracked by photos or ads. This also means, less work trying to piece together the right photos, format and collage formation. This is important for me, not because I don't like putting in the time but because I am not very creative. Someone creative can bust out a project out in 1 hour and it would take me 5 hours.

My instinct to go towards the basic template was also because I like things to be neat and clean, and for me, less is more. Less make up, less items, less talking, less always seems to be the answer, as long as you're not dating me. In that case, you can buy more flowers and take me to more restaurants and I am ok with "more" in that context. 

And these are Andrea's raw thoughts on why I chose a "Simple" template for my blog.  


8 comments:

  1. Hello Andrea!
    I like how you went with your instinct and went with the simple layout because after all it is your blog. Like you mentioned some people are more creative then others. I would say I am in between. It might take me longer then others ,but I enjoy doing it.
    Sincerely,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Evening,

    I also felt less creative when I first started using the blogger platform. Being an engineer I am much more concerned with function that form. Most of the templates are very functional. After getting comfortable with what is available, I found that I just have different creativity than others. Luckily enough the tools are such that you should be able to find a balance between getting your vision out and putting in hours of coding work.

    Mat Ward

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea!
    I really like the fact that you went with a functional and focused template. I think that's definitely a good tactic, so the reader does not get distracted. I do love the fact that the background color is very vibrant and eye catching; it spices up the page just enough!


    -Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrea!
    I really like the fact that you went with a functional and focused template. I think that's definitely a good tactic, so the reader does not get distracted. I do love the fact that the background color is very vibrant and eye catching; it spices up the page just enough!


    -Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andrea,
    I liked how you were honest with why you chose your template. I also can take a while to design something because I’m not that creative, so I struggle with that. I do also agree with less is more, sometimes people can really over do it and it can seem to be tacky.

    -Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Andrea.
    I love the neat and clean look-I’m the same way! We have the similar thoughts on blog posts. I agree that the simpler the look of something can be, the easier it is to get your message across. I like the thought you put into your blog, looking forward to reading your posts this semester!

    Caitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrea,

    Great bold choice! The minimalist design works because the bright color makes stand out on its own. It goes well with your picture too.

    ReplyDelete